My DD 10 has always seemed normal to me. Bright to be sure, but normal bright. I went back and forth about whether to test, but finally did. I had her tested by a friend who is a fellow homeschooler who has known my daughter for several years. When I arrived to pick her up, my friend was explaining some of the scoring to her. My friend told me "it" looked like it would come in around 154. (I'm not sure what "it" is. Perhaps VCI.) She told me that her perceptual skills were "just as strong." She said she hit the ceiling on three subtests, and so would be using the extended norms. And the only other thing I remember that my friend said is that her working memory was 126.

I should be getting the full report in a few days, but I'm having trouble being patient. I find myself thinking that my friend must have made a mistake, or spoken too soon. I'm not sure how these things get scored, and I wonder whether she could possibly know those numbers within minutes of finishing the test. On the other hand, I tell myself she probably wouldn't have thrown those numbers around unless she were pretty sure.

Oh my, it is hard to wait with just a little information. I feel as though I can't even start wondering what it means because I don't really know yet. I won't let myself believe the numbers until I see them in writing. I also see myself "undoing" it. ("Gee, maybe my friend made a mistake, or my daughter just got very lucky in terms of the questions that were on the test.") What is that about?! (Rhetorical question... Years of therapy and I think I do actually know the answer to that.)

Thanks for "listening!"