Originally Posted by master of none
Yes, it always seems so horrible until it's worked out. I don't want to miss any detail that might be the key to successful advocacy, and when it looks like it's going bad, it feels like all or nothing. Then finally when it's over, and I start to feel better, I think to myself "wow, it was not as hard as you made it out to be" It's a confidence thing and lack of control, I believe. It's hard to say, I did what I could and this is what I have. The end.
At least now, I KNOW it's going to be like that. So, I set aside time, knowing advocacy will be my focus.
This year, it looked like we had gone as far as we could, then out of the blue, another person cropped up who had never met dd, advocated for her all the way to the district, failed, advocated to the principal, and bypassed the roadblock of a GT teacher. Amazing. All without me lifting a finger. I like it but, geez, wouldn't it be nice if MY work paid off?

MON, we've had this experience too. The stress and the way it turns out, both. I have learned to think of all those folks whose work on my DS's behalf pays off as "my extensive staff." :-)

DeeDee