Hi Guys:

A few words about our experience. DD 10 (5th grade) finished the course a few weeks ago.
I think I am having a really difficult time evaluating this experience. I am tempted to say that it did not meet all of "my" expectations, but at the same time I think that I might sign her up again in the near future.
DD worked with her "writing consultant" on a book report about Anne of Green Gables. The second assignment, towards the end of the course, was a "bragging" letter to a Denver summer program.
I have to say, that all the re-writes were the work of my daughter, the consultant was just guiding her with totally different examples (I sometimes felt that those examples have actually nothing to do with our story, that they were too general), which I guess was good (see, I am contradicting myself:-). The bad part was that on most days all my daughter needed to do was to correct one sentence. It drove me crazy, especially on weekends - not enough to do!

I would say that overall the whole experience was mediocre. But at least DD got a feedback on her writing - hich is not happening at school.
Are there any other writing courses out there?