Originally Posted by Berkeleymom
I'm just SO TIRED of having other parents look at me with (I perceive) pity. The intensities are just exhausting with her.

Been there (and back again and again!! lol). It's interesting because three years old was INTENSE with my DD, but she was also blossoming cognitively (reading & writing sentences, grade 2?ish math+multiplication, etc etc). I think the intense behaviour was in part due to overall increased cognitive activity (i.e. "volume turned up"), but I'm not a psychologist so I don't know. It didn't let up until she was about 7ish (sorry frown ) I often thought I was losing my mind, that I was the worst parent, why my kid? Why? Sure, it's neat that she's so advanced, but why can't she behave like the other kids? Etc etc. Then along came my son who was just as difficult but completely different, and I just kind of got numb.

Buuut... the last few years have made a world of difference (they're now 8 and 9), and they're much more... um... "socially optimal." ;p

There is a light at the end of the tunnel... three is so hard!! Hand in there. This too shall pass.

Last edited by CCN; 09/12/12 11:50 AM.