Pemberley, while it seems that the TCM methodology being advertised at that website and in the author's book has a lot of merit, I also noted some faulty reasoning at that link, and I think that terms like "public shaming device" are going a mite overboard. It's a classroom management system that seems to work pretty well in general, including at my son's school; I don't see children hanging their heads in shame there.

But I guess that doesn't matter... for your daughter, the acid test will be whether whatever method they use to track classroom behavior causes her anxiety problems. The school admins and teachers have to be free to run their classrooms; maybe they could track her behavior in private, or even just give her a free pass on the behaviors that would be corrected in other children. Whatever they do should be geared to accommodate her.

My gut still says that classroom management using this sort of tracking is not a problem when it's fairly applied; it's unfair and inconsistent application of rules and management techniques that can be (in general, not discounting PTSD-ish symptoms or whatever in certain cases). A child could have stress and anxiety with an unfair teacher that didn't use this sort of tracking too.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick