Originally Posted by Iucounu
You shouldn't be concerned about the gap between VCI and PRI. The tantrums, perfectionism, etc. are not unusual for the highly gifted.

Sunshine Math will probably be insufficient for your daughter-- it's fairly small amounts of problem solving that aren't very difficult, and teachers tend to use it to stuff children in the corner with worksheets. What your daughter most likely needs is to be taught to her proper level of understanding and ability, not taught based on her age with some extra worksheets. In other words, if she's mastered single-digit addition, no amount of single-digit addition with extra worksheets is appropriate.

Did the tester also calculate a GAI? If so it would be even higher than the FSIQ, so might help in advocacy.

You are right and in the psychologist's report she actually recommends avoiding repetitive worksheets and 'busy work'.

I believe the GAI can't be calculated due to the large discrepancy between the VCI and PRI, but this is all very new to me so I could be wrong. Perhaps somebody else more knowledgeable with the WISC can chime in on this to verify.

Last edited by mountainmom2011; 08/11/12 03:20 PM.