I have heard people mention having their testing done at local universities. Grad students do the testing and are supposed to be supervised by a licensed psychologist. I am considering this for DD9 who is still complaining that school is boring and too easy.

The school doesn't think she needs testing and I doubt they would accept the results. But I'm trying to gain insight into how she learns and where she fits as far as the difficulty level of her work. Maybe if I can make more specific, targeted requests, her school might be more accommodating. (A gal can dream, right?)

There's no way I can pay thousands of dollars for the top testers in my area, but my state university can do it for $500. I'm not sure which tests, though. I'm still getting more info.

I am wondering . . .

Would this type of testing give me the information I'm looking for?

Are there questions I need to ask up front to make sure DD has a good experience with this, recognizing that the testers are less experienced and are learning the process?

Has anyone had a good experience with this?

Is there a downside? I can't afford to throw away $500 on bad testing nor can I afford $2000 for an expert opinion.

Thanks for any info/insights!