Originally Posted by BooBoo
I have read articles saying boredom in classroom cause anger. Dose any parent face the same situation?

On the day of math sheet incident, the teacher said to my son in front of me... "You need to learn how to study too. The things won't easy like this when you get older." Apparently the teacher knew he was bored but expected he sit through the class everyday.

In your situation, I'd make sure to support the teacher in her assertion that your DS needs to learn how to study, and thank her for bringing this to your attention, even though the way it was done leaves a lot to be desired. It seems obvious that most effective way to demonstrate to him that he needs to learn to study and to give him practice learning those skills is to regularly give him things that he actually has to work hard and study to master. That'll teach him!

What a Child Doesn't Learn is an excellent piece on the damage that is done to gifted children by refusing to give them challenging work. You might want to bring a copy with you to the meeting.