I am not going to bother with this this year. However, I've come to the conclusion that I need to try to get DD further accelerated in math next year. I don't think I've seen her get a problem wrong all year, unless she skipped it (rare). At this point she's working on mid-year 3rd grade concepts (she is in second). They generally keep these kids about a year ahead, but she could definitely do more.

She complains that math is too easy; however, she isn't particularly interested in learning math in her spare time and I haven't tried to expose her to much. Considering hothousing her a bit this summer--like, 15 minutes a day, even. Thoughts on an easy way to do this? She picks everything up very fast and gets impatient with repetition (I know I'm preaching to the choir).

Basically I guess I want her to look ready for 5th grade math. Hmmm...sounds like quite a jump when I think about it, but she just grasps things so fast. Do I want Kumon? Khan? FTR we did have some Singapore math books around when she was younger, and we didn't like them much. She hates all this manipulative stuff where she has to draw little boxes and so on--I assume because her innate math sense makes it unnecessary. She does not need a lot of explanation and becomes impatient with constantly doing the same skills over and over. We have not had great success with typical online math "fun" stuff, either--she does not enjoy coordination-based games all that much.