I just wanted to give an update. My ds has been seeing an OT for about 6 weeks. She's worked with him on using his finger to space between words and on trying to keep his writing on the line. I think I'm seeing some improvement, but we haven't had papers come home from school in several weeks so I really don't know. His teacher at school agreed to enlarge his spelling tests and give him lines where he has to write sentences. (The kids are expected to write sentences using their spelling words on the back of the spelling tests with no lines.) Well, first she agreed but it didn't happen, so I called it to her attention and I haven't seen any papers since.

The OT first said ds's wrists and bicepts were week. The next week she tested his wrist strength and said that's not the problem. She said he is having trouble stablizing the pencil, but she doesn't know why. She gave him a pencil grip where he can't wrap his thumb around his fingers, but I can't send it to school or he'll lose it before he gets used to it. I never thought I'd say this, but I wish he had more writing homework so he could practice. We just go the grip this week, and it's been a very slack week homework-wise. I just know I'm going to have to force him to write next week (spring break), and we're going to have some big battles. I wish the OT would give him homework rather than telling me to watch him do his regular homework. He just doesn't have enough to make a difference (this week, it's just been math, and he does it on the bus on the way home).

Anyway, the bunny is bringing him Battleship. I hope manipulating all those little pegs will help.