I would be careful with any suggestion to ignore the standard cirriculum.

Ideally, your child would take end of year pre-assessment tests provided for in the standard cirriculum. If it is determined that a particular grade level subject has already been mastered, such as a score >= 85-90%, your child could immediately move on to the the end of year assessment test for the next grade level, and so on and so forth until such time as your child fails to demonstrate mastery of the material.

This way you wouldn't be ignoring the standard cirriculum so much as determining an appropriate place to start within it.

The next question would be how do you proceed from there. You'll probably want to become familiar with the options. A good book on this subject for math is:
http://www.amazon.com/Developing-Mathematical-Talent-Challenging-Educating/dp/1882664922

I'm not familiar with the "Accelerated Math" programming. From the reviews I was able to find on google, it looks like it is more focused on enabling classroom based instruction. Whereas EPGY and ALEKS are self-paced computer based instruction. ALEKS and EPGY simply aren't attractive options to some children. And it is hard to beat classroom based instruction with a motivated teacher. However, teachers change from year to year. If the school is willing to provide ALEKS or EPGY and it works for your child, than you may have the benefit of a long term solution.

An important option with independent learning opportunities, is that your child shouldn't miss out on the fun whole class activities that might be ongoing during their independent learning time. I.e., your child should always have the option to opt out of independent learning and opt into group activities.

On reading. Is DD reading out loud to the para? If so, it might actually be more beneficial if she read quietly to herself. However, if you feel the teacher and para have or will soon have a good handle on DD's reading level, and DD has some freedom in the selection of books, you might consider leaving well enough alone. The best way to improve reading is by reading. And if the para is available to discuss the texts and help DD understand new words and phrases, then DD is in good hands.

I'd forgotten to mention Roald Dahl's books. I'm glad you did. My daughter absolutely loves Matilda. She probably reads it at least once a month wink

At first grade, I wouldn't expect DD to be physically ready to type or write extensively. So English composition can probably wait. You might consider a book like:

http://www.amazon.com/First-Language-Lessons-Well-Trained-Mind/dp/0971412928
Which covers grammar for the early primary grades.

Or

http://www.amazon.com/Minimus-Pupils-Book-Starting-Cambridge/dp/0521659604
Which covers English grammar by way of teaching Latin to primary grade audiences

Or you might look into EPGY's computer based Language Arts and Writing programming: http://epgy.stanford.edu/courses/english/LAW/

EPGY is expensive but arguably the best computer assisted learning system out there.

I have to remind myself how important it is to keep everything in perspective. If DD is happy and learning, then you're in a good place. Even though it might feel like it, you don't have to do everything at once. And you may not want to risk rocking the boat with teacher or child. The desire to attempt to maximize your child's learning potential should always take a back seat to providing an environment conducive to a love of learning. And a large part of the latter consists in allowing your child considerable freedom to set the pace and direction of their learning.

I think one of the best things we've done this year, is to keep our daughter's schedule from filling up. Last year with homework and activities we were always pressuring her to improve time management and organizational skills. She had very little free time. This year there is less pressure, and I amazed at the number of subjects and interests she pursues.

I'm sure there are other solutions out there. I would be interested to hear of any good experiences people have had particularly in science. I feel my spouse and I provide inadequate opportunities for exploration of science and nature.