Originally Posted by perplexed
Also, enrichment at home isn't an option...he is already in therapy or tutoring for his dyslexia/dysgraphia most afternoons. I hate to add anything else to his schedule in the evenings.

I've been thinking this one over, as there don't seem to be any easy ideas...but...well

Can you get the tutors and therapists onboard to engage his strong reasoning powers while doing what they do? I remember teaching my son to touch type. In the begining he learned the positions, but there was a point where only practice would do the trick to get the speed and automatisity going. Luckily I found a game that was just like tetris, except that one had to type letter combinations go steer the shapes into position. He loved the Tetris like aspect of the challenge, and it lulled him through the boarding rote practice.

BTW the game was an add-on to Mavis Becon teaches typing designed for Palm, and I happened to have a working Palm device and keyboard at the time - ancient history, yes? I've never seen that game again, as I've itched to post a link here.

Hugs and Congrats on the strides he has made so far!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com