Thank you all for the replies. You have given me some good things to think about, and questions to discuss with my husband and DS's teachers.

The gifted program the teachers talked about was at an entirely different school. For some reason, I'm thinking they do not have a pull-out option, but even if they did, I'm not sure if it would be an option for my son. With his issues, he already has quite a bit of pull-out time to address his dyslexia and OT needs. (Note: we are new to the school district this year, I'm still learning about the programs they offer.)

Mostly, I want DS to keep the love of learning he's always had. That is my overall main concern. We are already having self-esteem issues due to the reading (saying things like "I'm so dumb!" and wondering why he can't read when everyone else can.) He is very aware of his "issues". Ultimately, I am not 100% sure public school is going to be a great fit for him due to his "extremely unique learning profile" (a quote from his eval report done last year.)

In addition to his regular classroom teachers, I have hired a great teacher to work with us as a home tutor a couple hours a week. Mainly to address the dyslexia (she is trained in Orton-Gillingham methods.)

Thank you so much for the input. We have a lot to think about.