I'm having my 6 year old do Handwriting without tears, a series of little workbooks that help you with handwriting in a painless way. Something to think about with that. He does a page a day, which takes 5 minutes, and it's helped ALOT.
My kids are math-y kids. Last year, my (very active) then second-grade boy who read above grade level but NEVER read anything, did our little school reading contest. You got little prizes for reading- he read 400 books or chapters in books over 4 months.
It really ignited his interest in reading, incredible as a it may seem. The contest is over, but he has gotten hooked on different series. There are lots of nice series for girls too- can you try to get her hooked on that? Maybe a little contest like we had could help.
My son is hearing impaired; he wears a hearing aid and has a documented auditory processing disorder. I make sight word cards, 10 a week, that we flip through daily. After a year, we've done like 450. It's a great way to improve his pronunciation of words, speed with reading, reading fluency, etc.
Could you try that? HTH