Originally Posted by perplexed
tutoring MAY be understimulating because of the rote nature of the work. It is Orton-Gillingham...meaning it is multi-sensory....but it still pretty rote stuff. If it is that tutoring is understimulating, I'm not sure how to help. I'm guessing that this is a common problem for the 2e child when trying to do remediation.

How frustrating! I know with my DD that her meds are pretty much worn off by late afternoon. Homework is a huge struggle. I am very concerned that we are going to find DD in the same situation when she starts her Orton-Gillingham tutoring. It has been in the back of my mind that her ADHD is going to be a challenge. That being said, what is the rapport like between your son and the tutor? Is the tutor patient with him? Does he have experience with kids with ADHD (one would hope, given the incidence of dyslexic children with ADHD)?

With my DD, the moods swings are mostly dose dependant. Unfortunately, the lower doses do very little for her ADHD. She is currently trialing a higher dose, but I am starting to get concerned that her moods are suffering.

Please keep us posted (or PM me) about how things go!

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery