I was going to say in my second post, but didn't, that the informal distinctions work for some kids, but not so much for certain personality types. I was a HG kid who would have looked MG based on Pru's and Grinity's thoughts, because I was a compliant people pleaser as a child. It never occurred to me to tell my parents that much of my instruction was boring. They knew of my giftedness and put me in a strong program, but I lacked the tools as a young child to realize what was missing and advocate for something better.

Although I thought the intent of my original post was to help me clarify my posts in this forum, I think a deeper reason for the post is my desire to make sure my compliant and wants-to-be-really-good-at-everything DS6 gets what he needs. He has a big spread in WPPSI scores, and I see critical thinking and math/science skills that are high, and reading skills and processing speed skills that are a bit lower, making it difficult for me to figure out what he needs and what's too much. Hurried response, but that't the gist of my thoughts.