Summarized,
I �recently enjoyed reading a book about the strengths movement. �The author mentioned over a few chapters that people spend so much time and effort remediating children's weaknesses when in fact your true passion will likely be found in one of your strength areas, not from your area of weakness. �The author suggested that you should learn about your own strengths and your children's strengths and teach them how to look for their own strengths. �Your strengths are whatever makes you feel strong and invigorated from doing it, not necessarily the same as the things you are good at. �It's not that you don't work on weaknesses, you approach them through the lens of your strength areas.

Personal thoughts,
The strengths movement recognizes the Howard Garners multiple intelligences and multiple learning styles. �I peersonally �think it's great to accept that there's many ways to learn or present the same thing. �I don't know how I feel about using learning styles for accommodations. �I would incorporate it into the strengths movement by leading an excersize in metacognition by intentionally using various learning styles and eventually explaining why, if it was me. �I almost think the point of the strengths movement is metacognition, thinking about how you think, and using that to recognize how it feels when you're in the zone and take that with you wherever you go. �

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar