My dd just finished a gifted grade 1 class and I still did afterschooling.

Our option for math is CTY. I like that they have the accelerated grade level math and elementary problem solving that allowed her to review but have a different take on it. So we did grade 2 math and then the elementary problem solving instead of starting grade 3 until Sept. She is on break now. The EPS had multiplication, division but applied, which was great for her not having straight math problems.

Her teacher was great for reading so that wasn't necessary. We are lucky that we able to travel and do history that way. We did Egypt in April. It works for this age group. Science we are lucky that there is a weekly class at the museum, but that seems to be unusual. And although they take Spanish in school, she does Chinese at Columbia on Sat.

Each kid is different. My kid is highly talented in piano, though doesn't love it. So we do piano but I don't push beyond the traditional piano -- though her pieces are quite complicated and practices have to be a certain amount of time. She needs her math accelerated, and I see it going highly accelerated. And her reading is starting to take leaps, and her comprehension. But I wouldn't know what she needed until she showed me. So don't expect any gifted school to give you all that you need. Watch and figure it out and ask here.

Ren