Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on my progress in advocating for C-dog.
She had been coming home from school crying and saying she is stupid.
I talked to the principal and that went well. It was agreed that self confidence was a likely culprit, although principal thought it was more likely an issue with peer relationships.
The plan was to have social worker observe C-dog in the classroom and then set up a meeting.
S.W. called today and reported that she saw no issue with peers and the teacher thinks everything is just fine.
I gently prodded about some other issues and to her credit, she listened to me and agreed to look into it further.
I asked her if she knew anything about overexcitabilities, and to her credit she admitted she did not, but did not pooh pooh it.
I told her I wouldn't expect someone who didn't specialize in working with gifted kids or someone who wasn't a parent to a gifted child to know all about LOG and excitabilities, etc.. This was okay, because she is youngish and does not have kids yet, so I didn't seem to be offending her in any way(hopefully). She seemed genuinely interested and asked me a little about O.E.'s. I asked her if she would consider googling Dabrowski and reading a little bit about it before the meeting and she said she would.

I am looking forward to a somewhat productive meeting next week.

Wish us luck!

Incog