Thank you, everyone, for the great responses!

DS9 has not been tested for CAPD (I have to admit that I don't know much about it), but he does have sensory processing disorder and ADD-inattentive type. It sounds like I need to investigate CAPD. I was getting very discourage by this "diagnosis creep", but now I understand that all of these diagnosis share the common trait of "mixed up brain-wiring". Throw in the giftedness and you have one very quirky child!

Mich- I did notice that the school I'm looking at has group names rather than grades. I guess this is because they are more concerned about ability than age? I haven't heard back from the director yet, but I am anxious to talk with her. If she thinks DS might benefit, I plan to tour the school and give it serious consideration. If we decide to pursue it, I'd love to hear more about how to get an OOD placement.

I'm overwhelmed. Last year at this time, I had a fairly bright 8 year old who couldn't tie his shoes. A visit to the occupational therapist because of that started us on this road...now I have a 9 year old who is gifted (GAI 140) with SPD, ADD, dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia. WHAT A RIDE!!!