Originally Posted by Grinity
This is a very interesting thread for me. DS 'got' all that sort of stuff around age 3 and was delighted with it. He would get all self-righous and angry about 'parents lying to their kids' when it came to certain pretend characters who brought presents. Now that I'm reading this thread, I'm quite sure that this is where DS's PGness lies.,
Grinity

The first time we went to Disney, DS 3 got a present left in the hotel and we just shrugged and said we don't know who put it there. Fast forward 2 years, DS barely remembers the place but did remember the surprise present - so he told me what he hopes get left in his room this time, which is unusual he doesn't really ask for stuff, but he very deliberately did not say who was leaving it!! So not sure what he believes at this point or perhaps he just thinks we can get a message to whomever does this sort of thing!!!

I think in retrospect of why we stepped in it is that he revels in his imaginary worlds but comfortably asserts that it's his imagination at work, he is super proud of his elaborate imagination - and he knows books are not real characters. It's something about the tv, now I am wondering what he thinks about his favorite game on the iPad, world of goo!!!

DeHe