Oh ho! I bet those Montessori Workjobs books from the 1970s that Amazon is showing me are exactly what my mother was talking about. Too bad they're out of print! I wonder if she'd be receptive to a used copy or if I should try one of the more modern books on learning centers. I've checked out a bunch from the uni library to see if any look good before purchasing. It's funny how they keep renaming what is essentially the same concept. Thanks!

Hopefully this will be a good year-- there's 3 kids starting early including DS and at least one other kid we know is gifted in the class. I'm hoping if we help lower the hurdle she'll feel more comfortable with this kind of less structured learning since she hasn't been doing any differentiation in her Pre-K class. She's been shadowing the former teacher and is receptive to stations, we just want to make it easier on her so she'll be more likely to actually do them! (We're not totally worried because DS is getting single subject acceleration in math and reading as well, but he's so naturally regimented a little organized chaos does him some good.)

That link for picture cards is neat. I wonder if collecting links will be too overbearing.