Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 358 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Kriston #42032 03/19/09 07:19 AM
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    A budding PETA member, eh? Is he going vegan, then? LOL!

He has no problem with the no dairy, since he's allergic to it. But if you ask him what his favorite food is, he'll tell you "meat, any kind of meat." I don't think he's ready to go meatless!

Kriston #42147 03/20/09 06:13 AM
    J
    J
    hehe!

About a year ago, DS, then 4, was at my parents' house. My dad was so excited b/c he found a bird's nest on the curve of the down spout gutter on his garage. He of course was anxiously waiting for the right time to take DS to see it.

So they are in the yard, and my dad tells DS he has something to show him. Excitedly, he says something to the effect of "look, a bird's nest. How cool is that?" DS looks at the next, looks at him and says, "Actually (a favorite word for DS) Ah-pa, THAT is a robin's nest".

The look on my dad's face & the fact that DS corrected him still get chuckles from us a year later. hehe. smile

skyward #42148 03/20/09 06:14 AM
    J
    J
    Originally Posted by skyward
    I have a book of nursery rhymes that I have read each kid from the time they were babies. When DD4 was younger I used to read her the rhyme; What are little girls made of. What are little girls made of. Sugar and spice and all things nice. She would laugh and say she was mostly spice. The other day I was reading this rhyme to DS2 and DD4 leaned over laughing and said, "Mom, people are made out of cells, your going to confuse him."

LOL!!! That's great!

JJsMom #42298 03/20/09 08:28 PM
    My DD (2 1/2) makes me laugh out loud at least 4 times a day so I could be hogging this thread but tonight she was so over the top I just had to share. She was in her highchair eating a banana and had a stuffed dog she calls baby hops (She named it over a year ago after her dog Hops.) This is one of those kids that has been into imaginary play forever and it is nothing for her to have conversations with her stuffed animals and even imaginary ones all through the day but tonight was too funny. She had baby hops bouncing on the table of the highchair and then she put her hand down in had him bouncing on her hand telling him he was on a ball. (Changing voices to the high pitch one she uses for the other one.) Baby hops informs her "No it is the highchair." Quickly she replies with this look of horror on her face "Your right, my mistake it is the highchair. Silly silly me."

She also told us to leave baby hops water alone because if not we would be in 'serious' trouble.

Kriston #42305 03/20/09 10:32 PM
    Yay I love the funny threads!! Dd29m fell off the ladder at the playground yesterday and I guess she was a little stunned and couldn't think of the right word..."oops Mama, I...I dropped myself!" hahaha

On the way home from the playground she randomly told me: "mama, did you know that nut and butt rhyme?" We laughed a bit about that then when we got home she told dh "Daddy, I think you have a nut butt!" haha I don't know why that makes me laugh, but it is something I would call dh!

oneisenough #42310 03/21/09 04:28 AM
    Originally Posted by oneisenough
    Dd29m fell off the ladder at the playground yesterday and I guess she was a little stunned and couldn't think of the right word..."oops Mama, I...I dropped myself!" hahaha

LOL!
    My DD27m said something similar a week or so back...
    She was upset becuase i had refused to let her do something and she was crying. She suddenly stopped, touched her eyes and said 'my eyes, my eyes...are ....BROKEN! and then started crying again.

Mewzard #42730 03/25/09 11:45 AM
    It is a typical Minnesota spring. Last week, it was beautiful and in the 60's. Today, we go outside and it's snowing. DS5 says, in a deadpan voice: "Well. That was a short spring, summer and fall."

st pauli girl #42741 03/25/09 12:51 PM
    S
    OP Offline
    S
    Originally Posted by st pauli girl
    It is a typical Minnesota spring. Last week, it was beautiful and in the 60's. Today, we go outside and it's snowing. DS5 says, in a deadpan voice: "Well. That was a short spring, summer and fall."

LOL, that's great. They would get along so well. : )

shellymos #42747 03/25/09 01:45 PM
    We were on spring break last week and went to visit some friends in the next state. As a rule when ever we go traveling I always pack a small bag of surprises for the kids for those moments of "I'm bored." Well, this trip I had brought a big package of pipe cleaners (chanel sticks?) (the fuzzy long thin bendable ones). On the first day DD6 made a flower out of a bunch of them. This flower then went everywhere with us. On the way home she informs us that her flower needs a vase becasue it is wilting. We were then informed that it would not be filled with real water but with little blue pieces of paper or rocks or whatever she could find in the car. Shortly after the vase was made of more pipe cleaners she asked for more to make an addition to her vase. Pretty soon we had a vacuum cleaner out of pipe cleaners. Well she was so excited about inventing a new thing that she wouldn't stop talking about it. Fast forward a couple of days. We're back home and she wants to show her teacher her invention becasue she mentioned it in her journal that she had to do for school. We both thought it would not be a good idea to take the actual vacuum to school so she had me take photos of it.
    The next day at school she proudly shows her teacher the photos and explains the whole thing to her. Well, the teacher asks her which part sucks the dirt up into the vacuum. Well, she apparently gave the teacher a look of bewilderment and said "You do know this doesn't really work don't you? It is only made of pipe cleaners." Well, I guess the teacher nearly fell over laughing.

RobotMom #43230 03/30/09 07:41 PM
    that's too cute Kerry!!!!

My DD2yrs old loves to look at insects under the microscope. My friend was over and she was looking at the tick we pulled off of DS8 a few days ago. I was changing DD's diaper when she kept whining about something. I asked her if she was ready for her bath. She said, "No, I want to see the tick!" quite emphatically! It was all I could do to stop laughing!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM