Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 315 guests, and 40 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    A
    angelak Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    I saw this article ( http://jadeannrivera.com/what-a-micro-school-can-be-for-a-gifted-learner/) and am really intrigued by the idea of a micro-school for my son, 5. He is a bright guy with some sensory/Aspie stuff going on; the box of public school is definitely not the right place for him, but he thrives on learning alongside friends and with a good amount of structure and predictability. Neither pure homeschooling nor public school is the right option for him, and I am wondering (hoping?) that some others are in a similar position and interested in having a discussion about our hopes and needs for our kids' educations, and what forming a small cohort of learners with like needs and who are true peers could look like for next school year. We're in central NJ, near Princeton.

I am cross-posting this message, so if you would like to be a part of the conversation please email me at angelakonin(at)Gmail(dot)com.

Thanks!

A
    A
    I'm not in NJ, but I am working to develop a gifted elementary magnet locally. Following with interest. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss.

What is to give light must endure burning.
    L
    L
    Not in your area, but also interested. I was also inspired by that same article and have a 5 year old as well. :-)

Would love to hear how it all goes. Thinking of doing something similar here, but working out details...

G
    G
    We have built something very much along these lines here in Philadelphia. Though we don't advertise ourselves as serving HG or 2e kids, most of the kids in our program are gifted or 2e. If anyone would like to see what we have built, you can find us at www.talkingsticklearningcenter.org. We are friendly and would be happy to talk!

C
    C
    I'm in NJ, about 45 min south of Princeton (though I lived there for a while and have family that still does!) - DS will be 4 this month. Let's talk - I'll send you over an email.

A
    angelak Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Hi, just wanted to update this post with our website. Please check it out! Openwaylearning.org.

Please be in touch with any questions!

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM