Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
I saw this article ( http://jadeannrivera.com/what-a-micro-school-can-be-for-a-gifted-learner/) and am really intrigued by the idea of a micro-school for my son, 5. He is a bright guy with some sensory/Aspie stuff going on; the box of public school is definitely not the right place for him, but he thrives on learning alongside friends and with a good amount of structure and predictability. Neither pure homeschooling nor public school is the right option for him, and I am wondering (hoping?) that some others are in a similar position and interested in having a discussion about our hopes and needs for our kids' educations, and what forming a small cohort of learners with like needs and who are true peers could look like for next school year. We're in central NJ, near Princeton.

I am cross-posting this message, so if you would like to be a part of the conversation please email me at angelakonin(at)Gmail(dot)com.

Thanks!
I'm not in NJ, but I am working to develop a gifted elementary magnet locally. Following with interest. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss.
Not in your area, but also interested. I was also inspired by that same article and have a 5 year old as well. :-)

Would love to hear how it all goes. Thinking of doing something similar here, but working out details...
We have built something very much along these lines here in Philadelphia. Though we don't advertise ourselves as serving HG or 2e kids, most of the kids in our program are gifted or 2e. If anyone would like to see what we have built, you can find us at www.talkingsticklearningcenter.org. We are friendly and would be happy to talk!
I'm in NJ, about 45 min south of Princeton (though I lived there for a while and have family that still does!) - DS will be 4 this month. Let's talk - I'll send you over an email.
Hi, just wanted to update this post with our website. Please check it out! Openwaylearning.org.

Please be in touch with any questions!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum