Thank you everyone! I am taking notes right now to take to my meeting at noon. I have to admit to you all that I was one of those people who thought a grade skip was out of the question. I guess all my 'teacher' friends spoke to so negatively about the concept that that belief snuck into the way I see it too (without any research). But after reading A Nation Deceived last night and looking at all the research studies I agree that there is more harm in not accelerating at all.

I've printed out the "what we don't learn' article- its wonderful!

If anyone is around reading at this time of the day, what is the answer to the issue of learning gaps? I just know that it'll come up and I don't have a response. Should I say that we'll take care of the gaps (with what...ALEKS? Self Study?) or that the gaps are not really something to be concerned with.

I am thinking of enrolling my ds10 at Mathnasium this summer so he can finish up next year's math curriculum. Math seems to be everyone's biggest concern with a grade skip. The nearest one is a half hour away- dh is trying to get me to see that we should just open our own lol (my ds7 is an entire other post but he hates doing any type of schoolwork but can do multiplication in his head).

Thanks a lot for all your replies. It really means a lot to have your input and not feel like I am boasting. As you all know, this stuff can give you a headache and keep you up all night.

Will let you know how it goes!

Nadia

ps- Grinity I am going to go to FRoG's next seminar just to make some contacts!