Also I clipped this from the amazon reviews of "the daily 5" "quiet 10" and " 6+1 traits of writing:"

These are just, I dunno, something in my notes I gotta think about later.
Copywork, narration, dictation,�

The daily 5:
The Daily Five is a series of literacy tasks (reading to self, reading with someone, writing, word work, and listening to reading).
The quiet 10:
"the Quiet 10"- which is 10 minutes where everyone... even the teacher!... is engaged in writing.�
6+1 traits of writing:
understand the qualities of good writing: ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, conventions, and presentation
The writing traits classroom is an exciting and busy place where students, teachers, parents, and administrators use a common vocabulary to support the seven key qualities that define strong writing: ideas (the meaning and development of the message), organization (the internal structure of the piece), voice (the way the writer brings the topic to life), word choice (the specific vocabulary the writer uses to convey meaning), sentence fluency (the way the words and phases flow throughout the text), conventions (the mechanical correctness of the piece), and presentation (the overall appearance of the work). This is no easy concept for fourth graders, but when I read the lesson `What Did You Learn About The Writer?', I knew it would be perfect for her class and co-taught it the very next day. Immediately, the students understood what was meant by the term `voice' and we saw major developments in their writing.

The top part copywork, narration, dictation is another thing. I read in TWTM a nice lady's post that c,n,d practice now leads to successful note taking during a college lecture. Anyway, here's my cliff's notes on what I've googled about that so far.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar