I definitely agree with the included snippet in the article. My observations tell me that nurture can produce advanced skills early in life in almost any child, but nature limits just how advanced these skills will be in later life.

Growing up as the oldest in a large family is definitely fun and interesting, sometimes a little more interesting than you want it to be.

My values and feelings definitely don't like the idea of trying to purposely build a smarter population. However, I also have a practical view on this and am hoping we are heading towards being a smarter population.

Interestingly enough, the average brain volume in humans peaked 10,000 years ago and has been on a steady decline ever since. As John Hawks has said in this video, on his good days he likes to think the brain is becoming more efficient.

I personally feel our improved abilities to educate the next generation has removed the need for certain valuable abilities provided by the once larger average brain. At least on my bad days, but I go with John Hawks on my good days.