The kindergarten is half day. No issues with preschool age mates. He's pretty mild mannered and enjoys rules and structure, so a school environment is a happy fit for him. This has been his only year of preschool and it is just 2 hours and play based, so I know things will change a lot next year with either grade. The principle suggested subject acceleration on top of the grade acceleration so I'm sure he would also be willing to do pure subject acceleration without a grade skip. He's a very flexible principle and I feel really lucky that we are able to work with him on this. I have spent quite a bit of time in my daughters classrooms (both last year in kindergarten and this year in first grade) so I have a good idea of what happens and what it is like. I feel first grade would be a better fit. I guess I'm second guessing my ability to see him objectively. Of course every parent thinks their child is brilliant, and I tried hard not to let the mommy in me think that he was anything different than he was. He does have extreme drive and focus. It is an intensity that gets him to attack anything he wants to know. Maybe it is his drive an not IQ that has allowed him to achieve what he has.

Last edited by Mommysontherun; 03/24/11 02:17 PM.