We got our evaluations done. And although they still point to the direction I expected (principle and school psycologist are all for a skip) I'm really confused by the results. I posted over in the testing area, but I'm hoping to get more opinions over here smile
He took the WJ-III cognitive and achievement. The cognitive portion he got a GIA of 125 - broken down - verbal ability 120, thinking ability 140, and cog efficiency 108. On the achievement side his scores were much higher - all but two were between 140 and 170. Math fluency scored at 120 and reading vocab at 129. Broad math is 155 and basic reading is 171. So I think based on those scores we can apply to DYS.
I'm fighting with myself over having a hard time accepting the GIA of 125. Knowing my boy and all that he self taught himself and his drive to learn and his amazing ability to quickly learn and forever know - I absolutely had him pegged as a much higher level of giftedness. This score puts him just barely entering the gifted range. His tester was a school psychologist intern and honestly knowing that she was an intern I think I wouldve doubted almost any result. Put that with a boy that hates the stress of anything timed, has slow fine motor skills and was on the tail end of a cold, and I lean towards not believing the results. But, then I wonder why I even care. Does any one know how accurate the WJ III cognitive results are? Should it change my plan of attack if he really is only mildly gifted? Hmmm... The more I think anoint it the more confused I get. Thanks for any help and insight.