The first meeting was canceled due to a fire alarm at the school so we had to reschedule it. Out of the seven teachers, three showed up. Two were fine but one was not very agreeable to the recommended accommodations. He was against preferential seating and ability to turn in homework late. He said he could see one or the other, but not both because he thought that preferential seating would result in my daughter not paying attention and thus not writing down the homework assignments. He did not understand that it was not a failure to do the homework, but turning it in. What was most upsetting was that he teaches ceramics and there is no homework! I ended up with both accommodations and the other ones I wanted.

Daughter is not thrilled about the medication, need to find the correct dosage because these are making her too tired she says. I need to find out how she is doing in school but that was another issue, teachers not understanding that 2E students could be doing better than they are if not for the ADHD, it is not that she is not challenged enough (as the ceramics teacher thought) but that she is just not working well at the executive functioning level.

My daughter wants to go to college a little ways from home but I am hoping that in about 12 months that I can get her started in some online courses so when she starts college that she will have a few of the basic courses done.

We are considering a IEP but want to see how the 504 plays out first and daughter is against IEP (it does not help that my wife is a special education teacher and all daughter knows is the negative aspect of people with IEP, not how it can help her). I need to find someone who can talk to her and explain how an IEP would be beneficial for her, someone she respects.