Hi - Just wondering how your meeting went, and wanted to offer encouragement. Our dd20 had an IEP in HS and ended up with an organizational period and then a late start (they actually bussed her in late, since it was medical) due to anxiety/bipolarII. Yes, it ws hard to fathom at times how she had so many problems given how smart she is (PG) but we eventually realized that it is what it is and we had to deal with the symptoms. Dd20 is now a senior in college, close by home, and still on academic scholarship. It has been a long road and we requested accommodations in college as well as HS. She took loads of AP classes, but didn't take the AP tests due to anxiety (she walked out of the first one she tried... a shaking mess... thank goodness she managed to get through the ACT and do okay). She has tried many different meds and finally found a good place without meds after a long course of neurofeedback(also highly recommended for ADHD, with or without accompanying meds).
We also went from a 504 plan to an IEP in high school because the 504 didn't offer enough. That didn't happen until the end of her junior year in HS, so it's never too late if things aren't working (and IEPs/504s can be changed/requested at any time).
I know I'm not actually offering a lot of advice, but I did want you to know that it can get better. Our dd also got by for a long time on her brains alone (God knows it wasn't her excellent study habits or organizational skills) and she still does that to a certain extent in college, but with good support from school and home, 2E kids can be successful. One thing I do urge is to really take a realistic view of things as you start looking for colleges. It was very hard for us to lay down the law and make dd stay at a college close to home (although she has lived on campus all four years), but it was what she needed. Your dd might be totally different, but I've seen lots of smart kids fail at college because they didn't have the skills to manage it all, in spite of being really, really bright.
Anyway, hope your meeting went well!