My daughter, age 15, was just diagnosed with ADHD and Depressive Disorder (NOS), as well as test anxiety. Throughout her early years she was GT and remains so, she completed Algebra 1 in 7th grade, Geometry in 8th grade, and Spanish I and II by 8th grade. Last year, her first year in high school she had a decent GPA of 3.4 and this year it has been about the same.

The main problem that she has is simply not remembering all of her assignments for classes, turning them in after she does them (if she remembers them at all), turning in in-class work, and taking tests. She has been able to maintain her decent GPA based on her higher than normal skills in Mathematics and Reading / Language Arts, but now that she is 15 (almost 16) her scores are dropping across all categories (testing, class work, turning in homework).

I have documentation from her psychologist that she has ADHD, Depressive Disorder (NOS), and test anxiety. She already had a 504 Plan due to medication that she takes that gives her extended time on tests. I am meeting with her counselor and teachers on Thursday, March 8th, to discuss possible accommodations.

Should I be considering asking the school about an IEP?

Any suggestions on how I should handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Brian