I just remembered that there are 2 versions of the Map.Perhaps the lack of growth is due to using the test for k through 2? If the test is only meant to measure throught 2nd grade there is no way to measure a childs actual level. Good news is that the other MAP is much more flexible and goes all the way to 8th I think. Inky? Can you help?

The basic point is that if I were teaching something, I would stary by evaluating the learning goals and then I would carefully observe which goals each individual learner had already accomplished and then I would formulate a plan to use what is known to reach the remaining goals. Then I would evaluate how things are going and be willing to make chances to my plan. This is because I'm an untrained amature working alone.

From observation teachers appear to be using a different paradyme. It is great that this teacher recognizes that this group needs something different but it is possible that she isn't using the information that the MAP results give about 'what to teach next." Bottom line is that your kid is bored so that plus the lack of measurable growth suggestd something has to change. If the older version of the MAP was used ask what they suggested your son next needs to learn. See if this sounds reasonable.

Peace
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com