Originally Posted by momofonegirl
Then, why is the class moving so relatively slow? ...
It is almost March, so it does not make much sense to me to push the issue for this school year. But, I really like Cathy�s idea about using the school. I find the idea of my DD being in the 99% unlikely, but maybe just going through the process will let the school see she needs more challenge.

So, I think testing over spring break may be good or do you all think I should wait until summer?
Hi Momofonegirl,
There is never a bad time for a needed gradeskip, unless mutual friendships are really there. The sooner you start the ball rolling, the sooner your DD will be able to learn at her readiness level, or at least nearer to it. By your comment above, I gather that this isn't happening now.
I think you should pursue testing over spring break.

The final caution is that this is a slow process. The schools react slowly, the testers aren't ready at the drop of a hat, and it takes a while for parents to come to terms with LOG. So calmly and delibertly start acting on the assumption that your daughter isn't at fault for being more advanced than what the school is offering, and that she deserves to be though about well.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com