Originally Posted by deacongirl
And also by the fact that I just can't imagine sending my beautiful dd9 into a large public middle school with mean girls (I know private schools have mean girls too. Just dreading the whole thing for her!).
I wish I had more info on Atlanta, but the good thing about a move is that you might get some say in which neighborhood you move to - keep asking, even attend an Atlanta gifted association meeting or two if possible and see what the local folks have to say.
Or at least make phone or email contact - try
http://www.gagc.org/region-map.asp

But I can point out that you have to - have to- have to update your software on the mean girl problem. The problem is real, but you can't solve it geographically. Time to journal, blog, or post here what your own experiences were and do a bit of 'turning the soil' so the compost can do it's magic and turn hard times into wisdom.
I also recommend Howard Glasser's
All Children Flourishing - Igniting the Greatness of Our Children
Howard Glasser with Melissa Block
as a way to transform your outlook and help your daughter grow to the point where she can handle anything that come's down the pike. I believe she has it in her, and that you can be helpful to her in growing that inner wealth.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com