Nine, at least when I was nine, is such a mixed age anyway, looking back. It was, for me at least, an age where I was allowed to sit in some of the adult bible studies and join the conversation because i could without being off topic or a pest (what jappened, right?LoL) I also walked around for over an hour crying one day because my none of my friends were playing outside and the girls that were outside that day were mean to me. I'm with you on the hoping she sticks it out because next year things might be a lot better if she makes it through this adjustment. She will have adjusted to the class, gotten past the hard part, and get a new teacher. You're gt educated and you're her mother so I hope you trust your judgement.
It's tough to fight the panic and anxiety and ride out your decision while remaining objective and flexible and open to change of plans as needed. I trust you can do it. Yuck! I just remembered when I was nine I would chew on that currier and Ives scented candle wax in class. I won it gambling at connect four.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar