This is all very interesting. My reports are probably squished into a corner of my desk somewhere, as I have taken them apart to copy for DITD and don't think I ever got around to stapling them back together. I was a thinking the other day that I should take more care with them. I have no idea if I ever was given a GAI for oldest ds, and I know they did not give me all the subtest info. My two middle kids do have GAIs well above that 150, so maybe their numbers will change.

I have mixed feelings about this. I agree that it is a nice effort to discern the higher ability kids, but it also further muddies the waters as far as program cut offs and public perception goes. There are so many variables!

What IS the real difference between a subtest score of 18 and a subtest score of 19? Why don't they throw out all the old tests and come up with something new?

As an example of how hard it can be to know what a number means, a couple days ago, someone told me that their daughter had an IQ of 160. I asked her what instrument was used to test her, and the parent didn't actually know! The girl is a young adult now, and was tested before she could read, so it is quite possible that it was the LM. The implication for an SBLM score of 160 is vastly different from the implication of the same score on a Wechsler.