Tara, I love your list! Especially the evening stroll around the neighborhood. Our weather is so beautiful but sometimes life is so busy, we don't remember to do things like that. Gotta make a point.

It must be different with only children than with a bunch of them. I like to eat & talk like Ania's family (often with grandparents over, and each kid gets to highlight something from the day, or another couple, where kids take more of a backseat, but still get to contribute). We play board games, and recently have loved doing puzzles. DH likes the boys to help with yard work, then dinner and hot tub together (best conversations are in the hot tub). Sometimes we'll play pool or have ping-pong tournament. In the summer, we have a very set routine, swim, dinner, tv program. I don't think we watch much TV compared to the rest of America, but we have been enjoying downloaded programs or disc sets (no commercials) for about 30 minutes before bed. The trick is finding programs that are acceptable to the whole family. My kids are a little older (and perhaps I'm overly lenient about content); we watch Heroes, Jericho, The Unit, LOST (some of these have multiple seasons out). So exciting and fun to all be together after each one finishes their homework, lessons. I know real intellectuals don't do TV, but...

As your son gets older, he'll grow out of the dominance of board game mentality (mine did that too) AND he'll be more involved with outside activities that will make evenings together rarer and more special (sports games/practices, lessons, etc.).