I've observed closely 2 sets of twins. The both do seem to have that special twin security that AmyLou mentions.

In classrooms sometimes schools will 'stock the pond' by putting several strong Math students or several strong Reading students together so that the teachers don't have to work so hard to differentiate the material. This is called 'cluster grouping' and it works well.

I think that gifted twins is a 'home cluster group' that seems to work very well, as does a strong family of gifted siblings.

One set of gifted girl twins I know were actually able to help each other 'differentiate' the classroom material because of their competitive drive to challenge each other. They don't overtly compete with each other, but they helped create a frame of reference for each other of what a person 'ought' to be able to accomplish. I think that lots of the sad stories here stem from never having a realistic frame of reference. I grew up comparing myself to characters in books, and guess what? I always fell short! I had classmates, but they didn't provide a frame of reference that I found credible. My next younger brother was 3 years younger, and yet I felt that beating him a board games or card games was a total victory. If my classmates and I had played any game like that, I would have felt a hollow victory.

Good luck and enjoy your twin DDs!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com