I have hg+ twins, and really it is a wonderful thing. Dd scores a bit higher than ds, but they are both outliers. They are 10 yo, in 5th grade and best of friends. They always have an intellectual peer because they have one another. I think that having one another has helped spare them from some of the challenges families who post here have had with schools. Their twinness gives them a security in their identity that is hard to describe. Their school is an urban one with a majority of low income families and all that entails. The school has an inclusive, special-needs-R-us sort of attitude (although we have butted heads with a principal who understands giftedness but doesn't believe in acceleration). We have resisted whole-grade acceleration to keep them together in this school through 5th, and their teacher promises to ensure they finish middle school math (in-class differentiation) by the end of the school year.

We face some tough decisions re: middle school option next year, though...

But for now, they are totally happy, care-free and best-of-buddies. Let me know if you have any questions.