Originally Posted by all pink
It seems hard enough to parent two gifted kids but there are added challenges when they are both in the same class and look very similar, have the same parents and yet need to be treated differently. Even having a parent-teacher interview is always me saying ....so lets talk about x and then the conversation always strays to involve both girls and I have to redirect it back to "lets just talk about x" but of course the teacher has done most tasks with both girls at the same time (she knows who is who but I think she struggles to remember which did what well or poorly each time when the results would have been very similar)

IMO, this may be a good reason to consider separate classrooms. My twins have been in separate classrooms since 3 y.o. (in a Montessori school that has multi-age classrooms and does not allow any siblings in the same classroom), and while this is just our anecdotal experience, we have been very happy with this aspect of their education, though I don't have time to go into detail at the moment. They each have quite the unique strengths and weaknesses, and their teachers focus only on them (the teachers really know nothing about the other twin sibling). In fact, I engage in far more unwarranted comparison of the two than the school does smile