He is with a very strong 4.5-yr old girl who is pretty much ready for "league." There are only two of them; so there's lots of pressure to just "work." This little girl has some fierce kicking ability. Her Mom said that she is able to tackle her 6yr old brother fairly easily; and he plays football. But her Mom wants to keep her in this class, and is upset with me that I am thinking about leaving.

This is the first year-long session; and she would be his teacher for the duration - through May. His next step is league as well; but he isn't quite there yet; but I believe he would be had he had good teachers over the summer. I just want him to enjoy it, and be taught to do it correctly. He does not need to be competitive if he doesn't desire to; but all he asks is if he beat the girl - which never happens, unless he has flippers on and she doesn't...poor thing.;)

Anyway, I have talked to the director several times. He asks how we discipline him at home. I told him what I said here. He doesn't get that it works at home. He is the instructor who got him to swim. So he knows my DS and really likes him. He knows that he responds to the right personality; but he sees it as my DS misbehaving, not that it isn't a good personality fit. He doesn't get that my DS's sensitivity is a real issue and not him misbehaving for the sake of misbehaving.

Thank you so much for your input, ladies!!!