Yes, yes, yes to all the preceding posts. I was just trying to write an email just like you are all suggesting, although I think I will try to keep it a little more informal in tone. These suggestions are wonderful and I will use them as a checklist ot make sure I have not forgotten anything. I agree with going the "I must be confused" route.

snowgirl, the problem we face is that I work full time (although I'm not getting much done today) and the kids are at two different schools. So we don't get home until 4, and bedtime is 8-ish (early risers). I do piano with both kids and my younger son isn't too great at occupying himself. I also have a young dog that needs to be exercised. So I was really in hopes that I would not have to provide a complete year's worth of math at home. I'm not averse to doing my part, really!

If they would allow a private tutor on site after school hours (instead of the two hours he spend in after school care), that would work. As would allowing him to take the EPGY course during school. Actually, now that I think of it - he wouldn't need much help with that, would he? He could view the lesson with headphones while I did piano with his brother? That's how EPGY works, right?

Last edited by JaneSmith; 09/23/10 09:55 AM.