Originally Posted by Kriston
And to answer your final question, yes, you're probably in GT denial, but you might as well join the club! wink I think the majority of us here are in some form of GT denial or another!

Yeah that smile Welcome to the club! My DS is the same age like your daughter. He took WPPSI at 5 years 3 months and while he hit quite a few ceilings and we might have not gotten accurate results, it did prove helpful. We finally realized that he is not an average gifted kid but that he belongs to the top of gifted kids and as such needs more accommodations. We had known that he was gifted even before that but had thought that for sure his (small private) school must have seen bunch of kids like him. Wrong.

I would say go for the grade skip. I wouldn't worry about the math since the test was done at the beginning of the school year. If she tested as an average 2nd grader at the beginning of K, chances are that in Sept she would test at least as average 3rd grade or have the potential to get to such point pretty fast.

Good luck and welcome.

LMom