Hi, I am new here and have a question (or two) about testing. My dd is in Kindergarten and will not be 6 until this summer. At the beginning of the school year, she tested 5th grade in reading (with full comprehension) and 2nd grade in Math by achievement tests given at her school. Her GT teacher also adminstered the COgAT which she scored 150, 140 and 150 on the subtests. I was not given a composite score. I hesitate to share these scores but since I have seen this test mentioned before in this forum, I am hoping some of you can provide some perspective as to dd's abiliites.

I have read that the CogAt does not accurately determine a child's IQ yet I believe I read in another thread that one of you mentioned your child had been identified PG by the CogAt. In your experience, can the CogAt be a good estimator of IQ?

Also, dd's GT teacher is recommending a grade skip for next year but I hesitate without thorough testing. Would you recommend further testing or is the CogAt coupled with the school's achievement tests reason enough to warrant a skip?

Because she will not be 6 until this summer, we would need to wait to test her with the WISC. I have been told she shouldn't take the WPPSI (I think that's correct) because she may hit too many ceilings.

Any thoughts? Advice? Am I in denial by needing further testing before I admit the obvious?

Thanks in advance for reading and assisting a newbie like myself!

Jamie