Originally Posted by Just ducky
In most states GT falls under the "Special Education" umbrella. You have made me wonder if the same guidelines for parent request of testing apply for this as the other areas. It is mandatory to honor a parent request for testing within the traditional realms of Sp. Ed.
I am not even sure if our special education coop would do our testing or if they consider this to be outside their involvement?

You have given me some questions to ask the higher ups!!!!

I'm kind of surprised that my response helped, but I'm glad it did. Maybe now others will chime in with their experiences, too?

It seems like the special ed resource could be potential testers--better than nothing--though I'm always wary about the notion of people not trained in working with GT kids doing the testing. A tester needs to be pretty skilled at knowing when the child is getting the answers wrong because the questions are too hard and when they're getting them wrong because they're too easy! There's a big difference between looking for LDs and looking for GTs, and that's not even getting into looking for GT kids >with< LDs!

The ideal would certainly be an experienced GT tester who knows what to look for and how to approach a GT kid, especially one who's already bored, frustrated, annoyed, etc.

Bedtime at last...

Kriston