Thanks Grinity. I always feel thankful when I see your name on here since you are the one who directed me here. Before this discussion forum, I didn't have any outlet to discuss these things, esp., the giftedness piece. Thanks again for pointing me in this direction.

We are still working on the loud talking by praising her when she uses a more appropriate volume. The OT seems to think she isn't getting the right feedback or that since she may be sensory seeking she just enjoys the louder volume.

DD2 is able to provide more fun now, but they can get very wild together and someone, usually the little one, often gets hurt or there are fights. There are days I wish they sat quietly playing tea like little "ladies" but the truth is they are more likely to be roaring like dinosaurs and tearing through the house.

I try to praise them when they are playing more quietly and getting along. I need a refresher on the Nurtured Heart Approach. I wish there were a coach nearby who could help keep me on track...