Hi All,

Some of you may already know my DD4's story and have already offered support and advice, but here I am again, still unsure.

My DD4 is like many of the little ones on here: she spoke very early, read very early (well before three years old), did math early, asked outrageously advanced questions early, remembered things and learned at a frightening level and the "usual" (ha ha this is the only place I can call these things usual). Also, like some children on here, but unlike others, she is very, very intense.

Now I know about over-excitabilities and how giftedness can look like ADHD etc. but I am still not sure where to turn. We actually had her assessed by an OT and she is beginning services for what appears to be sensory-seeking, but we have not received a report yet and they do not give a diagnosis. I am still wondering how much is sensory related and if that stands alone or is attached to something else like ADHD etc.

She is funny, verbal, creative, and artistic, but some challenging traits are that she is impulsive, defiant, intense, grabby (wants to touch and throw everything), craves stimulation, seems to be talking a mile a minute every waking moment, etc.

She can sit and focus on books, drawing, coloring, and Playdough for extended period. She has sat for the ballet and performances because she is interested in the show.

She seems to get over-excited around other kids, esp, around littler ones: she regresses and acts sillier, louder, and more immature than they do. It is hard to advocate for your gifted child if she is acting like a clown and trying to talk in babytalk when she can read and speak in a very sophisticated way. I am all for her being a silly kid and acting goofy, but she often lets the wild woman out of the bag at the wrong times.

She is extroverted and loves other kids, but gets over-excited sometimes and loses control of her senses. At that point, she makes bad decisions. She likes to rile other kids up and is good at it! She is highly emotional, and dramatic.

Yeah, I love this kid, but she is tiring for a stay at home mom who had kids late in life and has a two year old who is also a fireball.

Please pepper me with any questions if you have any thoughts. All feedback appreciated.

thanks.