thanks everyon, they have readily admitted she is way ahead: not only ahead of her classmates, but ahead of their kindergarteners at the END of their year, but have never skipped someone ahead. This is just a private pre-K and K program. We don't have a recent IQ score that I trust (she had one just after four and it was high, but she was so little that I don't really trust the score)and I think I still question the gifted designation.

For those who don't know her, she could read words and small sentences at two and a half, knew letter sounds by one and a half, has an amazing drawing talent, spelled out words in the bathtub wall with foam letters before three, and was similarly advanced with math, spatial reasoning, and has a frightening memory, outrageous vocabulary, vivid imagination and creativity, and advanced fine motor skills with coloring, drawing, and writing. She has been very impulsive, intense, argmentative, and demanding in school and home situations and altough no one is saying that is their issue for saying she she be around younger kids,it probably is.

I guess I have decided that maybe it is important enough to fight too hard yet since she is only going three days a week for a few hours. I am hoping her new teacher will find ways to accomodate her a little bit at least.